9 Medical Inventions that Have Inversely Affected Healthcare
Technology is integral in any vertical or industry but with sustainable technological implementation in healthcare, there have been many reported drawbacks causing substantial disruption of the cycle. Technologies like big data and AI have introduced patients and doctors with easy means of communication but the in-depth gravity with which the whole system has been impacted already cannot be separated from the collective workflow of healthcare. Technology-based healthcare guidance in our daily lives through the use of apps like fitness and calorie trackers have gradually seeped into our lifestyle as indispensable agents. In spite of this rapid technological value, the advantages cannot be undermined in any way as it has led to easier communication, data storage, and other benefits related to various healthcare goals. This paved the way for the market capitalization of these products; however, the real question lies in its long-term existence and whether it portrays any risk factor to the existing framework.
The following are some of the technologies that have taken over the medical and healthcare industry and redefined various standards, integrals, quotients, and other related factors.
- loT: loT has been significant in laying an effective foundation and data flow between the shareholders of the industry as a whole and making communication a lot more transparent. So much so that patient data sharing can now follow real-time transfers and in the backdrop of the healthcare industry, this benefit projects as one of the most efficient ones that we will be discussing later on in this blog. However, the disruption lies in this extensive interconnectivity between applications, devices, cloud, and the internet that might change the way the whole framework of the industry altogether.
- EHRs: Electronic health records or EHRs are the physical depictions of the loT technology that has made patient data transfer and sharing extremely convenient and as a result, healthcare variables also easier to interpret. This invariably helps in performing diagnosis, medical measures, and treatment virtues to be followed more accurately while reducing medical errors. The most significant reason for which EHRs have found so much popularity is that accessing patient medical records has become a lot more dynamic with updates notes giving doctors the insight to take up the diagnosis with more clarity.
- Remote Care: Video conferencing, wearable technology, and big data have all collectively made remote care stand out as one of the most important inventions directly associated with healthcare. Even without being physically present, doctors can assess a patient’s health and advice medication or treatment based on his diagnosis. Wearable devices like watches, when interlinked with the EHR of a patient, can be tracked by the doctor himself and help in the prevention of various health issues. Especially for patients who are bed-ridden, this technology is extremely beneficial. Minimizing hospital visits, reducing medical room admissions, and more, remote care also helps in reducing financial burden.
- 3D Printing: With an increased production rate and reduced labor costs, 3D printing in the medical industry has immense potential. Production of prosthetics, skin, tissue or pharmaceuticals has become extremely easy that works wonders in the healthcare industry. Apart from that, tissue engineering and organ creation with the use of 3D printing technology portrays a breakthrough evolution in healthcare. Another healthcare sector that has 3D printing technology reaching the epitome of technological advancement is radiology. This does not just make communicating to the patients a lot easier but also helps in the prevention of health issues.
- Lasik: The spectrum of laser technology has come a long way in the evolution of technology in healthcare. Vision correction is an important procedure in healthcare that most patients need to avail at least once during the course of their lives. Lens solutions and vision rectification with their technical knowledge have done wonders in the lives of both doctors and patients.
- Retail Clinics: Walk-in clinics in stores, pharmacies, and supermarkets have made healthcare records and hence, medicine purchasing a lot more convenient. With EHRs giving people an insight into their history, medicine recommendation with also be more accurate with the advent of this technology.
- Augmented Reality: Creating extended reality for educational purposes through image and sound resonance, augmented reality has taken the medical industry by storm. For example, if a person is undergoing surgery, he or she will be able to understand the intricacies of it with the help of augmented reality. This also helps doctors performing experiments without portraying any danger to human life. It is like a practice session that will allow doctors to take up the final surgery with more precision and accuracy. This is also an important element that reduces medical error.
- Precision Medicine: This technology helps in the treatment of diseases and in the prevention of various ancillary risks for the patient. Especially in the treatment of cancer or cystic fibrosis, precision medicine is extremely beneficial. Different patients have different environmental and genetic factors differentiating their individualistic process of treatment. Determining the genetic framework of a patient, doctors get the benefit of accumulating the factors that directly interfere with the treatment and forms a structure solely based on the patient’s history or genetic framework. Precision medicine is expected to build an empire within the medical industry that will help in the reduction of time, labor, and manual effort.
- Blockchain: When it comes to the transfer of healthcare data, one thing that remains unanswered is its security. Patient records if falls into the wrong hands might result in something adverse. Blockchains stand revolutionary in the secure passage of patient data while putting accessible trails on respective doctors, patients, and other related associates. EHRs are regularly updated which when sent via blockchains will allow for a secure transfer of patient data to his or her concerned doctor. As a result, sensitive data like financial credentials, insurance data, etc are all kept under the wrap of a blockchain.
These technologies are still in their developing stage and still have a long way to go. But the good news is that the medical industry is accepting such revolutionary technologies and willing to give patients the best benefits out of their functionalities. We can only hope for better growth and better service in the days to come.
Jaiinfoway you right partner for Healthcare modernization using Cloud solutions and services
Jaiinfoway -: When you choose a Cloud consultant, you’ll be working hand in hand with the experts who helped various clients build infrastructure using Google Cloud. We’ll educate your team on best practices and guiding principles for a successful implementation.
In a nutshell jaiinfoway provides full gamut of solution and service for Startup and small business.We have worked in building more than 35+ mobile App and more than 500+ Web applications in a span of last 14 years. check out our site for more details